|Bacon slices||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chicken breast||1 Medium|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Ground veal||1 Pound|
|Green peppercorns||4 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Line bottom and sides of 9" by 5" loaf pan with bacon, allowing slices to hang over edges.
2. In 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot butter, cook onion and garlic until tender. Meanwhile, remove skin and bones from chicken breast; cut meat into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Cut ham into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
3. In large bowl, with wooden spoon beat onion mixture, ground pork, and remaining ingredients (except chicken and ham strips) until well mixed and light.
4. Spread one-third of ground-meat mixture in bottom of bacon-lined pan; top with ham strips, another one-third of meat mixture, chicken strips, then remaining meat mixture. Press down firmly to pack mixture into pan. Fold overhanging pieces of bacon over top of mixture.
5. Cover pan with foil and bake in 350°F. oven l 1/2 hours or until pate shrinks from sides of pan and juices run clear.
6. Cool pate slightly on wire rack until easy to handle. Drain off excess fat. Cover pate in pan with foil-wrapped cardboard; place cans on top to weight down pate; refrigerate overnight.
7. To serve, remove cans and foil from pate. Unmold pate onto cutting board or plate. Scrape off any coagulated juices and excess fat. Cut pate into slices.