Sesame Chicken Rolls
|Sesame seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole chicken breasts||2 Large|
|Thin prosciutto slices||4|
|Frozen chopped spinach||5 Ounce, thawed (Half Of 10 Ounce Package)|
|Muenster cheese||1 Ounce, shredded|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In 1-cup glass measure, combine sesame seeds and dried bread crumbs. Cook at high (100% power) 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, then every 30 seconds, until sesame seeds and bread crumbs are lightly toasted. Set aside.
2. Cut each chicken breast in half; remove skin and bones. With meat mallet or dull edge of French knife, pound each chicken-breast half until 1/4 inch thick; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Cover each chicken piece with 1 slice of prosciutto, folding prosciutto to fit and leaving 1/4-inch border around edge of chicken.
3. Squeeze spinach to remove as much liquid as possible. Arrange spinach evenly over prosciutto layer on chicken pieces. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Top spinach on each chicken piece with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Starting at 1 narrow end, tightly roll each chicken piece,
4. In pie plate, beat egg and salad oil until smooth. Place sesame-seed mixture on sheet of waxed paper. Coat each chicken roll with egg mixture, then roll in sesame-seed mixture.
5. Place chicken rolls on rack in 12" by 8" baking dish; cover with waxed paper. Cook at medium high (70% power) 6 to 8 minutes just until chicken is firm and opaque, rotating dish a half turn after 4 minutes. Let stand, still covered, 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in small bowl, with fork, mix water, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, soy sauce, catchup, grated lemon peel, and 1/8 tea spoon salt. Cook at high 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture boils and thickens and is smooth.
7. Arrange chicken rolls on warm platter; serve with sauce.