Chicken Breasts Florentine
|Italian sausage links||1⁄4 Pound (Sweet Or Hot)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Stalk celery||1 Medium, chopped|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Slices White Bread)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||5 Ounce, thawed and squeezed dry (Half 10 Ounce Packages)|
|Skinned boned whole large chicken breasts||2|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken flavor instant bouillon||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Heavy Or Whipping)|
1. From lemon, cut 4 thin slices; wrap with plastic wrap and reserve for garnish. From remaining lemon, squeeze 1 teaspoon juice and set aside.
2. Remove casings from Italian-sausage links. In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, cook sausage meat, onion, and celery, stirring frequently to break up sausage and adding 1 tablespoon olive or salad oil if necessary, until sausage is well browned and vegetables are tender. Remove skillet from heat; stir in bread crumbs and spinach, then egg until blended.
3. On cutting board, cut each chicken breast in half. Holding knife parallel to work surface and starting from a long side, slice each piece of boneless breast horizontally, almost but not all the way through. Spread open to make a but-terflied breast. With meat mallet or dull edge of French knife, pound each butterflied breast to 1/4-inch thickness.
4. On one-half of a butterflied breast, place one-fourth of sausage mixture; fold other half of butterflied breast over sausage mixture; fasten edges with toothpicks. Repeat with remaining butterflied breasts and sausage mixture to make three more filled chicken breasts. On waxed paper, mix paprika, salt, and 2 tablespoons flour. Coat filled chicken breasts with flour mixture.
5. In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 2 tablespoons hot olive or salad oil, cook filled chicken breasts until browned on all sides. Add water, wine, bouillon, and reserved lemon juice; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender.
6. When chicken is done, remove chicken to warm platter; discard toothpicks. Skim fat from liquid in skillet. In cup, mix heavy cream with 1 tablespoon flour until blended. Stir heavy-cream mixture into simmering liquid in skillet, stirring constantly until sauce thickens slightly and is smooth. Spoon sauce over chicken. Garnish with reserved lemon slices.