For this chicken-on-a-stick recipe, I added a dipping sauce to increase the fun factor! Even better is that this recipe is totally healthy.
For chicken on a stick
Cornflakes/Whole wheat flakes / other flakey cereal
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Pound, remove white stringy tendon
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Vegetable canola oil spray
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the cereal and salt in a zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin OR place in a food processor until the size of breadcrumbs.
3. Pour the buttermilk in one bowl and the cereal in another.
4. Take the popsicle sticks and skewer the chicken tenders on to the sticks leaving a 1 inch handle.
5. Roll the chicken tenders in the buttermilk and then in the cereal, coating the chicken completely.
6. Line a sheet tray with foil and spray it with oil.
7. Place the chicken tender sticks on the sheet tray and lightly spray them with oil.
8. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until cooked through.
9. Serve with ranch dip.
Ranch Dip (1/2 Cup)
1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
2. Serve with chicken on a stick.
If you are interested in making recipe that are inexpensive, delicious and easy to make, here is chicken on a stick recipe that are easy to make with few ingredients from the kitchen cabinet. Just insert the boneless chicken breasts into the sticks, dip in flour, then in whisked egg and then in breadcrumbs and bake it. Like all recipes weelicious hosts has this chicken on a stick recipe for everyone who wants an easy to prepare inexpensive food for the entire family.