Champagne Chicken And Shrimp
|Shrimp||2 Pound (Medium Sized)|
|Green onions||2 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole chicken breasts||3 Medium, boned and each cut in half|
|Mushrooms||3⁄4 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chicken flavor bouillon||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Champagne/Other sparkling dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Shell and devein shrimp. If you like, leave tail part of shells on for attractive appearance. In medium-sized bowl, combine shrimp, green onions, lemon juice, and salt; set aside.
2. In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot butter or margarine, cook chicken breasts until well browned on all sides and fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken to platter and keep warm.
3. In drippings in skillet, cook mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove mushrooms to small bowl.
4. In same skillet over high heat, cook shrimp mixture until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove shrimp to platter with chicken.
5. In small bowl, stir water, flour, and bouillon until blended; gradually stir flour mixture into liquid in skillet; add half-and-half and Champagne. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly and boils. Stir in mushrooms; heat through. Pour sauce over chicken and shrimp on platter.