Stuffed Chicken Breasts Cordon Blue
|Boned chicken breasts||4|
|Cheddar cheese||3 1⁄2 Ounce, grated|
|Flour||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoons)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Breadcrumbs||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Butter||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
– Preheat oven to 325 °F (160 °C).
– Skin chicken breasts, slit and spread butterfly-style. Place a slice of ham in each breast. Sprinkle with grated Cheddar, and press firmly to close.
– Dredge each stuffed breast with flour and dip into beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper, then coat with breadcrumbs.
– In an ovenproof skillet, heat oil, melt butter and gently sear chicken breasts on both sides until golden. Finish cooking in oven approximately 25 minutes.
– Pour cream of mushroom sauce over top and serve.