Full of flavour, this chicken recipe is cooked in one pot on the stove with minimal prep. Wait don't get all panicky because of the long ingredient list - this is really just an assembly. Plus in the end this will become a new favourite way to prep inexpensive chicken thighs.
1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced
1 Ounce, finely chopped
Cracked black pepper
4 Pound, boneless/skinless (8 thighs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Red wine vinegar
1 Cup (16 tbs)
12 Medium, quartered
3 Tablespoon, chopped (fresh)
1 Tablespoon, chopped
1) In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute the onion and pancetta for 3 minutes. Transfer to another bowl and keep aside.
2) In a bowl, combine the oregano, sugar, salt and pepper; sprinkle evenly over the chicken thighs.
3) Add chicken thighs to the pan; cook over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
4) Remove the chicken thighs, then add sherry and red wine vinegar; cook for 30 seconds, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
5) Add the onion mixture chicken thighs and chicken broth.
6) Bring to a boil, cover the pan, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
7) Then add the figs, cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until the chicken thighs are done.
8) Stir in the parsley and chopped thyme.
9) Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired and serve with mashed potatoes and corn or pasta or rice.
Are you looking for a really, really simple recipe for chicken? This recipe video for chicken with fig, surely solve your purpose. It has a long list of ingredients but you need to mix all at a time, which makes the process most simple. Check with the video and enjoy simple cooking.