Grilled Chicken Breast with Mushroom Sauté
|Pure olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||1 (Whole)|
|Whole lemon||1 , juiced and zested|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped chives||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Mushroom saute||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 Recipe)|
For the chicken:
1. Leave the two lobes of chicken breast connected.
2. Coat the chicken with the one tablespoon of pure olive oil, salt and pepper. Let it marinate for about 5 minutes.
3. Grill chicken 4 minutes first side, 3 minutes second side or until done.
For the herb spritz:
1. In a medium size bowl, mix together the 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, chopped herbs, lemon zest and juice. Set this aside for latter use.
To make the mushroom saute:
1. In a 10 inch saute pan, start by adding the oil then the shallots saute them just until they start to change colors. Add the mushrooms now and saute until they start to break down or start to give off their liquid.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Deglaze with the white wine and reduce until almost dry. Add the butter and stir until all of the butter is melted.
4. Plate and serve.
Chef’s Note: Take the pan off the heat while there is still some butter that hasn’t melted. It will melt with the residual heat and be more stable for the finished dish.
Calories 172 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.9 mg8.3%
Sodium 345.1 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 25.7%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet