Lime Glazed Cornish Hens
|Frozen cornish hens||2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 stick)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Defrost Cornish.
2. Remove giblets from hens; rinse hens and pat dry. Rub cavities with salt.
3. Melt butter in a 1-cup glass measuring cup in microwave oven (about 1 minute at High). Mix in brown sugar, lime juice and soy sauce. Brush cavities with some of the butter mixture.
4. Tie legs and tail together with cotton thread. Cover ends of wings and legs with small pieces of aluminum foil.
5. Place hens breast-side-down on a microwave-oven-safe platter. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 8 minutes at High.
6. Remove foil, turn hens over, brush with butter mixture and cover again with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 11 minutes at High, or until tender.
7. Remove from oven. Cover hens with foil and let stand 15 to 20 minutes for heat to equalize.