Soy And Ginger Braised Chicken And Potatoes
|Chicken||3 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Fresh ginger root slices||2|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
1. Wipe chicken with a damp cloth. With a cleaver chop, bones and all, in 2-inch sections.
2. Slice onion. Mince garlic and ginger root. Heat water.
3. Heat oil in a heavy pan. Add onion, garlic and ginger; stir-fry to brown lightly. Add chicken and brown quickly:
4. Add heated water, sugar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; then simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile peel potatoes and cut in 1-inch cubes. Add to pan and simmer, covered, until done