Braised Carp n Chicken Fat
|Carp||3 Pound, pounded (1 fish)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Fresh ginger root slices||3|
|Chicken fat||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tabasco sauce||3 Drop|
|Oyster sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bean curd cake||2|
1. Prepare fish as in steps 1 and 2 of Basic Braised Soy Fish.
2. Mince garlic and ginger root. Cut scallions in 2-inch sections
3. Heat chicken fat in a large, deep pan. Stir in Tabasco and oyster sauce. Add garlic, ginger root, scallions and sugar, and stir-fry a few times.
4. Add carp and brown quickly on both sides. (The pan should now be very hot.)
5. Add enough stock to cover fish. Bring to a boil; then simmer, covered, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, dice bean curd.
6. Transfer fish to a warm serving platter, leaving liquids in pan. Add bean curd to pan and simmer, covered, to heat through (3 to 5 minutes).
7. Arrange bean curd cubes around fish. Pour sauce over and serve.