Stir Fried Chicken Livers And Gizzards With Mushrooms
|Chicken livers||1⁄4 Pound|
|Chicken gizzards||1⁄4 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cut chicken livers in quarters. Remove fat and outer membrane of gizzards. Then score with a number of parallel slashes (to speed up cooking), and also cut in quarters.
2. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and sherry. Add to livers and gizzards and toss gently. Let stand 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Sliver fresh mushrooms, bamboo shoots and onion.
4. Heat oil. Add salt, then onion; stir-fry a few times. Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots and stir-fry until nearly cooked through (2 to 3 minutes). Remove vegetables from pan.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add livers and gizzards and stir-fry until just about done (2 to 3 minutes). Return vegetables, stir-frying only to reheat