Roast Chicken Liquid Filled
|Dried tangerine peel||1|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown bean sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Soak dried tangerine peel.
2. Wipe chicken with a damp cloth. Then dry thoroughly with paper toweling; or hang up to dry in a cool, airy place 1 to 2 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Mince soaked tangerine peel; then combine with stock, soy sauce and brown bean sauce.
4. Tie chicken's neck tightly with string to make it leakproof. Then hold bird upside-down over a bowl and pour stock mixture into body cavity. Sew up cavity securely or skewer to seal in liquid.
5. Rub bird with remaining soy sauce. Place on a rack over a drip pan containing several inches of water. Roast 10 minutes. Then reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue roasting until done (about 30 minutes more).
6. Let bird cool slightly. Place in a bowl and snip threads or unskewer, letting liquids drain into bowl. Cut bird in bite-size pieces. Strain liquids and reheat; then pour over chicken and serve or serve cold without sauce.