Braised Chicken Breast
|Dried black mushrooms||3|
|Chicken breast||1 Large|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Smoked ham||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Skin and bone chicken breast and cut in 2-inch squares. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and salt. Add to chicken and toss gently to coat.
3. Cut leeks in 1-inch sections; slice bamboo shoots and soaked mushrooms. Mince ham.
4. Heat oil. Add leeks and stir-fry to brown lightly; then remove. Heat remaining oil. Add chicken; stir-fry until it loses its pinkness. Return leeks to pan.
5. Add water and bring to a boil. Stir in sherry and remaining soy sauce; then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
6. Add sliced bamboo shoots and mushrooms; simmer, covered, 20 minutes more. Remove chicken and vegetables, leaving liquids in pan. Arrange on a serving platter and keep warm.
7. Blend remaining cornstarch and cold water to a paste; stir in sugar. Then add to liquids in pan, stirring to thicken. Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with ham, sprinkle with Worcestershire Sauce