Stir Fried Chicken Livers With Oyster Sauce
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound|
|Oyster sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cut chicken livers in two. Slice fresh mushrooms and onion thin.
2. In a small bowl, combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, sherry, stock and sugar. In a cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil until smoking. Add chicken livers and stir-fry until their color begins to change (2 to 3 minutes). Remove livers from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add sliced mushrooms and onion; stir-fry until softened but not browned.
5. Return chicken livers and stir-fry a few times to reheat. Stir in oyster sauce mixture and cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
6. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 731 Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.4%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 783.7 mg261.2%
Sodium 2118.1 mg88.3%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 47 g94.8%
Vitamin A 502.6% Vitamin C 88.8%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 120.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet