Chicken Velvet Sauteed
|Chicken breast||1 Large|
|Ham||2 Tablespoon, smoked|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
i. Skin, bone and mince (or grind) chicken breast, as in steps 1 to 3 above, gradually adding water. Mince smoked ham.
2. Place chicken mixture in a bowl. Add cornstarch, salt and unbeaten egg white. With a fork or wire whisk, gradually and very slowly add and blend in remaining water. (If it's added too quickly, the mixture won't hold together.)
3. Beat remaining egg whites until stiff, but not dry; then fold into chicken mixture.
4. Slowly heat stock, sherry and remaining salt. Meanwhile, in a cup, blend remaining cornstarch and cold stock to a paste. Then stir in to thicken. Keep warm over very low heat.
5. Heat oil in a skillet. When warm, but not hot, add chicken mixture. Heat 1 minute; then remove pan from stove and stir mixture rapidly to absorb oil.
6. Increase heat to medium; return pan to stove. Cook until mixture sets slightly is firm, but not browned