Stir Fried Sweet And Pungent Chicken Liver With Vegetables
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Ginger root slice||2 (Use Fresh)|
|Fresh ginger slice||2|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Cut and blanch chicken livers as above.
2. Peel cucumber and cut in half lengthwise; then seed and slice crosswise in 1/2 inch sections. Slice carrot and celery in similar 1/2 inch sections. Crush garlic; slice ginger root.
3. Combine cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and water.
4. Heat oil. Brown garlic and ginger root lightly. Add chicken livers and stir-fry gently to coat with oil.
5. Stir in vegetables, salt, pepper and cornstarch mixture. Simmer, covered, until done (3 to 5 minutes).