Roast Chicken Stuffed With Fresh Mushrooms
|Chicken||5 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Ginger root slices||4|
|Scallions||8 Ounce (1 Bunch)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Wipe chicken with a damp cloth. Dry well. Then rub lightly with salt, inside and out. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice mushrooms and ginger root. Cut scallions, stalk and leaf, in 2-inch sections.
3. Heat oil. Add ginger root; stir-fry a few times. Add scallions and mushrooms; stir-fry until softened, but not browned. Remove from pan and let cool.
4. Stuff bird with scallion-mushroom mixture. Sew up securely or skewer: then truss. Place bird in a roasting pan.
5. Combine sugar, soy sauce, sherry and stock and pour over bird. Roast, basting frequently, until done (about 1 1/2 hours).
6. Carve chicken and arrange with stuffing on a serving platter. Keep warm.
7. In a saucepan, slowly reheat 1/2 cup of chicken drippings. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then stir in to thicken. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4820 Calories from Fat 2559
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 284 g437.5%
Saturated Fat 76.3 g381.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1521.8 mg507.3%
Sodium 4156.8 mg173.2%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.8%
Sugars 24.9 g
Protein 478 g956.7%
Vitamin A 90.4% Vitamin C 81.1%
Calcium 43.6% Iron 128.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet