Chicken Velvet And Corn
|Chicken breast||1 Large|
|Smoked ham||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream style corn||1⁄2 Can (5 oz)|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Skin, bone and mince (or grind) chicken breast, as in steps 1 to 3 of basic preparation gradually adding water. Mince smoked ham.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry; then fold into chicken mixture, along with sherry and salt.
3. With an egg beater, beat canned corn until creamy.
4. Bring stock to a boil. Add chicken mixture and corn. Slowly bring to a boil again. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and remaining cold water to a paste; then stir in to thicken.
5. Pour chicken-corn mixture into a deep serving bowl. Garnish with minced ham