Braised Curried Chicken
|Chicken||3 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. With a cleaver, chop chicken, bones and all, in 2-inch sections. Mince scallions.
2. Heat oil in a heavy pan. Brown chicken sections quickly; remove from pan. Add stock to pan and heat until nearly boiling.
3. Meanwhile in a dry skillet, heat curry over a low flame, stirring constantly. When pungent, blend in remaining oil.
4. Return chicken to pan with stock; stir in curry mixture and simmer, covered, 45 minutes.
5. Transfer chicken to a heated serving platter, leaving liquids in pan. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then stir in to thicken liquids. Pour sauce over chicken and serve, garnished with minced scallions.