Simmered Chicken Livers
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chicken livers||1 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger root slices||3|
1. Boil water and pour over chicken livers. Stir a few times, then drain. Rinse quickly with cold water and drain again.
2. In a saucepan, combine soy sauce, sherry, sugar and remaining water; bring slowly to a boil.
3. Meanwhile cut scallion in 1/2 inch sections; shred ginger root. Then add to pan along with livers, star anise and peppercorns. Heat quickly; then simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
4. Turn off heat. Let stand 5 minutes more, without removing lid. Drain, discarding sauce.
5. Refrigerate livers to chill. Cut in bite-size pieces and serve.