Roast Chicken Stuffed With Chestnuts And Dried Mushrooms
|Dried black mushrooms||12|
|Chicken||5 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Soak dried mushrooms. Shell chestnuts.
2. Wipe chicken with a damp cloth. Then dry thoroughly with paper toweling; or hang up to dry in a cool, airy place 1 to 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mince onion, mushrooms and chestnuts; then mix well with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stuff chicken with mixture; then sew up securely or skewer.
4. Combine sherry with remaining soy sauce and rub over bird. Rub in oil. Sprinkle lightly with remaining salt and pepper; then truss.
5. Place on a rack over a drip pan containing several inches of water. Roast 20 minutes, basting frequently with drippings.
6. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and roast 40 minutes more, basting frequently. (Replenish water in drip pan as it evaporates.)