Black Mushroom Chicken Deep Fried And Braised
|Dried black mushrooms||15|
|Chicken||3 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger root slices||5|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Cut chicken in half and wipe with a damp cloth. Rub, inside and out, with soy sauce. Let stand 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile slice ginger root. Shred bamboo shoot, water chestnuts and soaked mushrooms. Cut scallion stalks in 1-inch sections.
4. Heat oil to bubbling. Gently lower in chicken, one half at a time, and brown lightly. Drain on paper toweling.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add salt and ginger root; stir-fry a few times. Add shredded vegetables and scallions; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Stir in and heat water; add sugar and pepper. Return chicken halves and bring to a boil; then simmer, covered, until tender
7 Remove chicken, leaving liquids in pan. Let bird cool slightly; then chop, bones and all, in bite-size pieces. Arrange on a serving platter.
8. Gently reheat liquids in pan. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and remaining cold water to a paste; then stir in to thicken. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.