Stir Fried Chicken Livers With Snow Peas
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Snow peas||1⁄4 Pound|
|Ginger root slice||2|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Cut chicken livers in 1/2 inch slices. Combine cornstarch, sherry and soy sauce. Add to livers and toss gently. Let stand 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Stem and string snow peas. Mince ginger root. Blend remaining cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add salt, then ginger; stir-fry a few times. Add snow peas and stir fry over medium heat to soften slightly (high heat will scorch them). Remove snow peas from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add chicken livers and stir-fry over high heat until nearly cooked through (2 to 3 minutes).
5. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Return snow peas only to heat through.