Five Spice Braised Chicken And Potatoes
|Red bean cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Five spices||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Wipe chicken with a damp cloth. With a cleaver, chop, bones and all, in 2-inch sections.
2. Peel potatoes and cut in 2-inch cubes, but leave in cold water until ready to use.
3. Mash red bean cheese; then blend with water, soy sauce, sugar, Five Spices and salt.
4. Heat oil in a heavy pan. Add remaining salt; then add chicken sections and brown.
5. Pour red bean cheese mixture over. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add potatoes and simmer, covered, until done