Braised Lily Bud Chicken
|Dried black mushrooms||4|
|Fresh root ginger slice||2|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Separately soak dried mushrooms and lily buds.
2. Disjoint chicken; or chop, bones and all, in 2-inch sections. Crush ginger root. Cut mushrooms in strips. (If lily buds are long, cut in half.)
3. Heat oil in a large heavy pan and brown chicken sections quickly.
4. Add soy sauce, sherry and ginger root, stirring them in to heat and blend.
5. Meanwhile heat stock separately. Add to chicken, along with mushrooms and lily buds. Bring to a boil; then simmer, covered, until done