Roast Chicken With 40 Cloves Of Garlic
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||40 Clove (200 gm), unpeeled, with loose papery skin discarded|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat oven to 450° F.
2. Remove giblets and neck from chicken; refrigerate for use another day.
3. Rinse chicken with cold running water and drain well; pat dry with paper towels.
4. With fingertips, gently separate skin from meat on chicken breast.
5. Place 4 thyme sprigs under skin of chicken breast.
6. Place remaining thyme sprigs inside cavity of chicken.
7. Sprinkle outside of chicken with salt and pepper.
8. With breast side up, lift wings up toward neck, then fold wing tips under back of chicken so wings stay in place.
9. With string, tie legs together.
10. Place chicken, breast side up, on rack in small roasting pan (about 14" by 10").
11. Roast chicken 30 minutes.
12. Add garlic cloves to pan and roast about 30 minutes longer.
13. Chicken is done when temperature on meat thermometer reaches 175° to 180°F. and juices run clear when thickest part of thigh is pierced with tip of knife.
14. Place chicken on warm platter; let stand 10 minutes to set juices for easier carving.
15. Meanwhile, remove rack from roasting pan.
16. With slotted spoon, transfer garlic cloves to small bowl.
17. Skim and discard fat from drippings in pan.
18. Discard skin from 6 garlic cloves; add garlic to roasting pan with chicken broth.
19. Heat broth mixture to boiling over medium heat, stirring to loosen brown bits and mashing garlic with spoon until well blended.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3549 Calories from Fat 2048
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 227 g349.5%
Saturated Fat 64.9 g324.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1124.9 mg375%
Sodium 2657.6 mg110.7%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.8%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 294 g587.2%
Vitamin A 53.8% Vitamin C 176.5%
Calcium 58.2% Iron 107.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet