Herbed Baked Chicken
|Broiling chickens||2 , quartered|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped tarragon||4 Teaspoon (Dried Or Fresh)|
|Chopped parsley||4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped chives||4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toast slice||6 (Thin)|
1. Preheat oven to slow (250° F.). Remove the necks and backbones from the chicken parts and reserve for another use.
2. In a paper bag combine the flour, salt, pepper and two teaspoons each of the tarragon, parsley and chives. Add a few chicken parts at a time and shake to coat well with the seasoned flour. Place the chicken, skin side down, in a shallow buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with the juice from the lemon half and cover with aluminum foil.
3. In a saucepan combine the butter, lemon juice, sherry and the remaining herbs. Heat until the butter melts.
4. Bake the chickens one to one and one-half hours, lifting the foil and basting every twenty minutes with the butter sauce. Toward the end of the cooking time, increase the oven temperature to hot (400° F.), remove the foil, and turn the chicken to let it brown lightly. If necessary add a little more wine or water to the pan so that there will be ample sauce.
5. Sprinkle the chicken with additional freshly chopped herbs