Chicken Breasts With Tarragon
|Chicken breasts||3 , boned and halved|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white bordeaux wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped tarragon||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Skin the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dredge with the flour. Reserve the remaining flour.
2. In a large skillet heat three tablespoons of the butter, add the chicken and brown on both sides. Transfer to a heated platter. Add the shallots to the skillet and saute briefly. Add the wine.
3. Cook the liquid over high heat until it is nearly evaporated, while scraping loose all the brown particles.
4. Add the reserved flour and stir to make a thick paste. Sprinkle with the tarragon and stir in the chicken broth.
5. Return the chicken to the skillet, cover and cook until tender, about twenty-five minutes. Transfer the chicken to a heated platter and keep hot. Add the remaining butter and the cream to the skillet; heat, stirring, and pour the sauce over the chicken.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1367 Calories from Fat 660
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.3%
Saturated Fat 44.6 g222.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 502.4 mg167.5%
Sodium 910.6 mg37.9%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 126 g251.6%
Vitamin A 52.2% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet