Chicken Livers Superb
|Chicken livers||2 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||5 Ounce, cleaned, sliced lengthwise through stems and caps and lightly browned in butter|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream/Sour cream substitute||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Rinse and drain chicken livers. Pat free of excess moisture with absorbent paper. Coat lightly with flour. Set aside.
2. Lightly brown the onion in heated butter in a large skillet, stirring occasionally. Remove one halfof onion-butter mixture and set aside for second frying of livers. Add half of the chicken livers and cook, occasionally moving and turning with a spoon, about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Turn into the blazer pan of a chafing dish. Fry remaining livers, using all of the onion-butter mixture; turn into the blazer pan. Set aside.
3. After browning mushrooms, blend a mixture of the Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme with the mushrooms. Heat thoroughly.
4. Adding sour cream a small amount at a time and stirring constantly, quickly blend with mushroom mixture. Heat thoroughly (do not boil). Mix gently with livers to coat.
5. Set blazer pan over simmering water. Before serving, garnish with wreaths of sieved hard-cooked egg white, watercress, and sieved hard-cooked egg yolk.