This is a fool-proof recipe that is sure to impress!
5 Medium, peeled
3 (vidalia onions)
5 Pound (giblets removed)
2 Medium, cut in half
1 , cut in half
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened
1. Preheat the oven on 425 F.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut the carrots on angle in chunks.
3. Peel the onions and cut in quarters.
4. Cut the lemon in quarters.
5. In a non-stick baking dish, place the vegetables and push them on sides of the pan making space in centre for chicken.
6. Place the chicken in centre and sprinkle salt pepper and onion powder over the chicken and the vegetables.
7. Rub the seasoning, inside the chicken cavity.
8. Stuff the chicken cavity with lemon, garlic and rosemary sprig.
9. With clean hands, massage butter all over the chicken and also push some butter between the skin and flesh of chicken, taking care not to tear the skin.
10. Re-season the chicken with salt, pepper and onion powder.
11. Put the baking dish in preheated oven and roast for 75 minutes, or until juices run clear when small cut is made on meat.
12. Carve the bird and serve hot on bed of vegetable.
Bursting with juicy flavors, a well-made roasted chicken could be the delight of your dinner table. However, to roast chicken perfectly is not everyone's forte. This video helps you master this recipe to perfection. You may not get it right at once. But after a few trials, you will roast like a pro.