Chicken With Ginger
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole chicken breasts||3 , halved|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely minced|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ginger syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Preserved ginger slices||2 , chopped|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the butter in a large skillet and brown the chicken in it on all sides. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
2. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook until golden. Stir in the chicken broth, cover and cook until the chicken is tender, about thirty minutes.
3. Remove the chicken to a warm serving platter. To the juices in the pan add the ginger syrup, chopped ginger and lemon juice. Simmer one minute.
4. Stir in the cornstarch mixed with the cold water and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened. Add the parsley and return the chicken to the skillet. Cook five minutes.
5. Arrange the chicken on a platter and spoon the sauce over it.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1734 Calories from Fat 864
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g151%
Saturated Fat 59.6 g297.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 541.2 mg180.4%
Sodium 1371.6 mg57.1%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 59.4 g
Protein 123 g246.4%
Vitamin A 109.4% Vitamin C 154.2%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 35.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet