Rediscover North Carolina chestnuts! This delicious tree nut is making a resurgence in this country. The Produce Lady shares quick, easy and healthy tips.
For roasted chestnut
For chestnut soup
6 Cup (96 tbs)
FOR Roasted Chestnut
1. Cut the skin of chestnut with sharp knife and set aside.
2. Place the chestnuts over the roasting pan and place that over the fire.
3. Every 3 minutes shake the roasting pan and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the skin of the chestnut and season with salt. Serve and enjoy!
You can also roast the chestnut in oven at 425 degrees for 35 minutes.
You can boil chestnut in hot water and that can be served as snack.
For Chestnut Soup
1. In a saucepan pour in the chicken stock and chestnut. Bring to boil and low the heat, simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Blend the mixture with hand blender, simmer for 5 minutes more.
3. Season soup with salt and pepper. Garnish with cream and serve.