Curried Turkey With Water Chestnuts
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Celery stalk||1 Small|
|Green pepper||1 , sliced|
|Salted almonds||2 Tablespoon, slivered|
|Water chestnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Cooked turkey/Cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Sweet basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth/Chicken bouillon||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped pimiento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pineapple tidbits||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
1) Cut the green onions and celery in diagonal slices, about 1/2 inch thick.
2) In a skillet, heat oil.
3) Add onions, celery and peppers to sautÃ© until slightly browned.
4) Add almonds, water chestnuts and cooked turkey.
5) Add flour, paprika, curry powder and basil to combine thoroughly.
6) Lightly sautÃ© the ingredients by constant stirring to blend properly.
7) Pour in broth and add pimiento and pineapple.
8) Cover with a lid and allow steaming for few minutes.
9) Adjust seasoning according to taste.
10) Serve the preparation with bread rolls or rice.