Vacherin Aux Marrons
|Caster sugar||8 Ounce|
|For the filling|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, whipped|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Decoration)|
|Plain chocolate||1 Ounce, grated (For Decoration)|
1) Set oven at 275°F or Mark 1.
2) Using non-stick (silicone) kitchen paper, line two baking sheets.
3) In a bowl, beat egg whites till stiff.
4) Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat for another 1 minute.
5) Gently fold in the rest of the sugar.
6) Drop an even amount of mixture on the baking sheets and spread in two rounds, 8-9 inches in diameter.
7) For a neater appearance, create a spiral shape using a nylon forcing bag with a 1/2-inch eclair nozzle.
8) Place in oven for about 50-60 minutes till lightly-colored and crisp.
9) Put on a wire tray, peel off paper, and cool.
10) In a saucepan, add skinned chestnuts and cook with a vanilla pod and puree with a sieve.
11) In another saucepan, boil sugar and water in a pan, pour out into a cup and cool.
12) Add the sugar syrup into the chestnut puree.
13) Beat cream and add half the quantity into the chestnut puree.
14) Place mix in between two meringue rounds.
15) Sprinkle with icing sugar and top with remaining cream and Vacherin aux marrons: the finished grated chocolate.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3033 Calories from Fat 711
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g122.1%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 206.7 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 550 g183.4%
Dietary Fiber 26.9 g107.5%
Sugars 351.1 g
Protein 30 g60.4%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 4.4% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet