|Chestnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, cover the chestnuts with water and soak overnight.
2) Drain, shell and dry the chestnuts.
3) In a saucepan, combine sugar and honey.
4) Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
5) Add the chestnuts and cook for 2 hours, stirring frequently.
6) Separate the chestnuts and let it cool.
7) Serve the chestnuts in the bowl, garnish with almond flake if desired.
Calories 733 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 184 g61.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 153.7 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.47%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet