Chocolate Pots De Creme With Chestnuts
|Canned whole chestnuts||15 1⁄2 Ounce (Preferably Water Packed)|
|Sweet chocolate||4 Ounce (Four Pieces)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Chop chestnuts coarsely to measure 1/2 cup. Halave a chestnut and keep aside for garnishing.
2) Divide eggs, separating yolks in large bowl and keeping aside white for later use.
3) In a small heavy saucepan, mix thoroughly chocolate and heavy cream and bring boil. Stir with wooden spoon over medium heat. Take off from heat.
4) Beat sugar, yolk and a pinch of salt in an electric mixer at high speed till thick.
5) Fold in scalded chocolate cream and stir constantly. Do not over cook the egg yolks or curdlle the mixture.
6) Add vanilla and mix chopped chestnuts.
7) Place mixture in 4 separate small ramekins or porcelain pots de creme without lids. Place in refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
8) Before serving, decorate each ramekin with half chestnut.