Wild Mushroom Chestnut And Pumpkin Bisque
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Peeled pumpkin||4 Cup (64 tbs), diced|
|Diced celery||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Diced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), pressed|
|Chopped fresh parsley/4 bay leaves||4 Tablespoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh button mushrooms||1 Pound, chopped|
|Dried cepes||1⁄4 Pound, soaked 30 minutes in 2 cups warm water (Porcini)|
|Warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Veal stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chestnut puree||32 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Whipping cream||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Cognac||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||4 Tablespoon (Flavored With Cognac, For Garnish)|
|Roasted chestnuts||4 , peeled and chopped (For Garnish)|
1. Take a heavy saucepan, add butter, place on medium heat to melt it. Sauté celery, onion, garlic, carrot, parsley, pumpkin, pepper, allspice and bay leaves, stirring once in a while, till vegetables turn soft.
2. Mix reconstituted, fresh mushrooms with the soaking liquid, chicken stocks and veal with the mixture and simmer for half an hour.
3. Mix the chestnut puree and cook the mixture for about 10 to 15 minutes till puree blends well and the vegetables become very soft. Allow to cool.
4. Pass the mixture through the puree as batches and using a fine sieve, strain onto a clean plate. Add Cognac, dry sherry and cream and stir well.
5. Heat a little, top with chopped chestnuts and Cognac-flavored whipped cream and serve.