Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram makes this low fat raw vegan Southern Charm Cherry Cobbler for you to savor! This raw delectable delight will keep you from "Falling off the Wagon!" It satisfies literally every craving, and you can eat it all without guilt because it is low in fat! Horray!
2 Cup (32 tbs), pitted
1 Bag (1 kg), pitted
1 Cup (16 tbs) (of a young coconut)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Pinch (Optional)
1 Bag (1 kg), sliced
1. To make the cobbler crust: In a food processor, add the almonds and 1 cup of dates. Blend for about 1 minute or until well combined. Set aside.
2. For the cherries and date filling: In a blender, add 1/2 cup of dates, 4 handfuls of the cherries and blend until smooth. Remove into a bowl and set aside.
3. For the cherry coconut cream: In the same blender, add 2 handfuls of the cherries, 1/2 cup of almonds and the coconut meat. Blend for about 1 minute or until well combined.
4. Take a parfait glass, add 2 tablespoon of the cobbler crust, followed by a layer of figs and cherries.
5. Pour some of the blended cherries and dates filling over the figs and cherry layer.
6. Add another layer of the sliced figs and cherries above the blended cherries and dates.
7. Top this again with the blended cherries and dates filling and top it off with another spoon of the cobbler crust.
8. Top the Southern Charm Cherry Cobbler with the cherry and coconut cream.
9. Serve the Southern Charm Cherry Cobbler chilled, garnished with some more cherries.