Dried Cherry Mini Loaves
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Softened butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried cherries/Cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For cherry butter|
|Softened butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cherry preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Heat the oven to 350°.
2) In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cloves and keep aside.
3) In a mixing bowl, add sugar, 3/4 cup butter, brown sugar, honey and vanilla and mix well.
4) Beat at a medium speed till the mix turns creamy.
5) Continue beating, adding eggs 1 at a time, for 1 to 2 minutes.
6) Lower the speed.
7) Beat, gradually adding in the flour mixture, alternately with buttermilk for 3 to 4 minutes.
8) By hand, stir in almonds and cherries.
9) Evenly spoon the batter into 5 (5 1/2 x3-inch) well greased mini loaf pans.
10) Place in the oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11) Cool for 10 minutes and remove from the pans.
12) Cool completely.
13) In a small mixer bowl, beat 1 cup butter till creamy.
14) Lower the speed and add preserves, powdered sugar and almond extract.
15) Beat till well mixed.
16) Serve cherry butter with cooled bread.