Cherry Almond Cookies
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped|
|Low fat granola||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with cooking spray and keep aside.
3. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Sieve together and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar and margarine. Using an electric beater, beat well till mixture if fluffy and light.
5. Add almond extract and egg whites and beat well.
6. Add sieved flour and fold gently till well combined.
7. Add remaining ingredients and fold once.
8. Place spoonfuls on to greased baking tray and bake in pre heated oven for 10 minutes, or till done.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
10. Serve in cookie jars or on presentation platter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2871 Calories from Fat 545
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1950.7 mg81.3%
Total Carbohydrates 514 g171.5%
Dietary Fiber 31.5 g126.1%
Sugars 230.5 g
Protein 55 g109.2%
Vitamin A 52.6% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 55% Iron 192.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet