|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|Ground almonds||2 Ounce|
|Egg||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), beaten (A Little)|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||5 Ounce, butter cream made with it|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Into a bowl, sift the flour and then add the butter in pieces. Rub into the flour.
3) Add the almonds and sugar and stir well. Add just enough egg to bind the mixture.
4) On a floured surface, roll out the dough thinly and then cut out 15 to 16 rounds with the help of a 2 ½-inch flat cutter.
5) On a baking sheet, place the dough circles.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
7) Put the preparation on a wire rack and let it cool completely.
8) If you wish to freeze the biscuits, flash freeze till firm and then pack them in a rigid container. Use foil to separate each layer. Seal, label and store in the freezer.
9) To make the icing, mix together the cocoa and hot water to make a paste. Beat into the butter cream icing till thoroughly blended.
10) If using frozen biscuits, first thaw them at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours and then make the icing as directed in Step 9.
11) On each cookie, pipe a swirl of icing and garnish with half a cherry.
12) Arrange the cookies decoratively on a serving platter and then serve as a dessert or snack. Can be served at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1515 Calories from Fat 491
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.9%
Saturated Fat 30.5 g152.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134.6 mg44.9%
Sodium 16.9 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 251 g83.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.7%
Sugars 196 g
Protein 13 g25.7%
Vitamin A 28.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.5% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet