Glazed Cherries and Nuts
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salted mixed nuts||13 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Candied red cherries||4 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. On a large baking pan about 9-by-9-by-l 3/4-inch in size, spread out the nuts and cherries and put them in the hot oven to warm through. Do not overheat.
3. Generously butter a 17-by-14-inch cookie sheet
4. In a large 2 1/2-quart saucepan, place the sugar, corn syrup and water and heat over medium heat till the sugar is completely dissolved. Cook this mixture till a candy thermometer register 300F or when a little syrup separates into hard but not brittle threads, when dropped into cold water
5. Remove syrup from the heat as soon as the temperature reaches the right level.
6. Add the warm nuts, cherries, butter and vanilla to the pan and stir well.
7. Immediately pour this on a buttered cookie sheet and spread to the edge of the sheet.
8. Cook completely on the wire rack for 1-1/2 hours with a spatula. Break into irregular pieces and store in an airtight container
9. Serve at room temperature
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4939 Calories from Fat 1910
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 207 g318.5%
Saturated Fat 41.4 g207.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg21.5%
Sodium 1801.9 mg75.1%
Total Carbohydrates 736 g245.5%
Dietary Fiber 26 g104%
Sugars 487.3 g
Protein 78 g156.5%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C
Calcium 31.5% Iron 52.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet