|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cherry pie filling||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
2. Into a large electric mixer bowl break eggs.
3. Beat at high speed until lemon colored.
4. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating constantly and then add vanilla.
5. Set mixer on slow speed and beat adding flour mixture, only enough to blend.
6. Add hot water and beat until smooth.
7. Line a jelly roll pan with baking paper and coat it with grease.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes.
9. Turn onto towel sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
10. Remove waxed paper, roll up, using towel and cool on rack.
11. Unroll and spread evenly with part of the pie filling.
12. Reroll cake around pie filling, spread remaining pie filling over top of roll and chill.
13. Slice roll to serve, spooning up any pie filling that drops from top of roll.
14. Serve topped with whipped cream.