Tipsy Cherry Parson
|Dessert topping mix||200 Tablespoon (2 packages)|
|Cold milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Baked angel food cake||1|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Slivered maraschino cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In mixing bowl beat well combining dessert topping mix and milk.
2. Add powdered sugar gradually.
3. Soften cream cheese and beat into topping mixture taking small amount at a time.
4. Cut cake into 3 layers.
5. Place 1 layer on cake plate and spread with layer of topping mixture.
6. Repeat with remaining cake and part of the topping mixture.
7. Frost top and sides with remaining topping mixture.
8. Decorate sides with almonds and cherries and refrigerate until chilled.
9. Garnish with whole stemmed cherries and serve.