Jubilee Cherry Topping
|Canned pitted sour cherries||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Reserved cherry water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Burgundy wine/Rose wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raspberry currant dessert mix/Strawberry danish dessert mix||4 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Dessert mix||4 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Package, Raspberry-Currant Or Strawberry Danish Style)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Drain the cherries
2. Set aside 1/4 cup of the cherry liquid for later use
3. In a large 1-1/2 quart casserole, combine the cherry water, wine, Danish-Dessert mix and sugar
4. Mix thoroughly
5. Boil on High for 4 to 5 minutes until thick and clear, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well till combined
7. Cover surface with a film of wax paper or plastic wrap.
8. Serve cold