Cherry Lemon Crowns
|Butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), softened|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Candied cherries||12 , halved (1 Dozen, Red / Green)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F before baking.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and cream cheese and beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
3. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and creamy.
4. Add egg, lemon rind and juice, beating until well blended into the creamed mixture.
5. Add flour to creamed mixture in batches, beating at low speed to make dough.
6. Cover dough with cling film and refrigerate until well chilled.
7. Divide the dough into equal portions (2 tablespoons each) and roll into walnut size balls.
8. Arrange them on cookie sheets keeping 2 inch space between each.
9. Dip a flat-bottomed glass into sugar and use it to flatten each ball to 1/4-inch thickness and get sugar coated.
10. Into the center of each cookie press a candied cherry half.
11. Bake cookies in a preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until pal e golden and firm
12. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then slide them onto wire racks to cool completely.
13. Serve the cookies with tea or coffee or wrap and include in your holiday gift hampers.
Store baked cookies in air tight container in a cool dry place.