|Black cherries||1 Pint|
|Lemon peel||1 (Whole)|
|Cherry syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grand marnier liqueur||2 Ounce|
|Ice cream scoops||6|
1. In a crock pot combine the black cherries water and sugar.
2. Cover the pot and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Drain the cherries from the syrup using a slotted spoon and put into a chafing dish.
4. Add the sugar, lemon peal and cherry syrup to the cherries and bring to a boil.
5. While the cherries are cooking, spoon the ice cream into serving bowls.
6. Remove the cherries from the heat, and stir in the Grand Marnier liqueur.
7. Pour in the brandy, and ignite with a long lighter. Gently shake the pan until the blue flame has extinguished itself.
8. Laddle the cherries over ice cream in the bowls
9. Serve immediately
Canned black cherries may, be used, providing they are whole, sweet, and have the pits in them
When flambeing, be cautious and practice safety.
Wait for large flame to die down to a small blue flame then gently stir the cherries to expose more alcohol to the flame. Be careful that they do not burn. Flambéing helps to reduce the raw flavor of alcohol, caramelizing sugar and is a sure way to entertain your guests with your culinary skills.