|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Egg whites||3 , beaten|
|Sweet black cherries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Wash the cherries and pat dry on kitchen towel. Keep aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 320° F
3. Grease an 8-inch square or round cake tin with butter.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add egg yolks and sugar.
5. Using an electric beater or a wire whisk until thick and pale
6. Add the stiff egg whites to the yolk mixture and sprinkle the flour on top.
7. Use a spatula to gently fold into the yolk mixture without over working or beating and keeping the batter light.
8. Turn this mixture into the prepared tin and tap lightly to spread evenly.
9. Drop the cherries into the batter.
10. Immediately place in the preheated oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden,
11. Remove cake from the oven when done and let cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
12. Turn out and cool on wire rack.
13. Slice the cake and dredge generously with powdered sugar if you like.
14. Serve it with tea.