Cherry Nut Cookies
|Butter||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Pecan/Walnuts||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Candied cherries||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Dates||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Line a cookie sheet with grease proof paper or butter the cookie sheet and dust with flour.
3. Into a large bowl, sift the flour along with soda, and salt. Keep aside
4. Combine nuts, cherries and dates and dredge with 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add butter.
6. Using an electric beater or a wire whisk, cream the butter until soft.
7. Add the sugar to the butter and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
8. Scraping the sides of the bowl, add half the flour mixture and stir well.
9. Add eggs, one at a time and beat with each addition using a wooden spoon.
10. Add the remaining flour mixture and stir well.
11. Add the fruit and nuts and fold into the stiff batter.
12. Using a dessert spoon, drop the batter in small mounds, keeping space between each cookie
13. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven until lightly browned
14. Remove from the oven and slide onto a wire rack to cool.
15. Serve these cookies with tea or tea or enjoy as a snack.